Monday, July 13, 2009

The New # 7




Guys SAF as usual has a surprise for us all :).After Best ~ Cantona ~ Beckham ~
Ronaldo the legendary number 7 jersey is gonna be worn by ??????? Any Guesses.

It's not Ribery , Ibra, or any other big shots. It's gonna be our FREE flowing Michael Owen . Ta ta to CR 7 , here comes our own MO 7 :-) .



This is what he has to say,

Michael Owen was unveiled alongside fellow new signings Antonio Valencia and Gabriel Obertan at Carrington on Monday.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson intimated the former Liverpool and Newcastle striker would wear the no.7 jersey this season and Owen reiterated his delight at signing for the Reds.

"I’m hungry to do well here,” he said. “If this challenge doesn’t put a spring in your step and a smile on your face then nothing will. I still believe I can do well at a top team like Manchester United.”

The 29-year-old was also quick to dismiss any suggestion he was prone to injury.

"If there's one thing that probably angers me a little it's that," he said. "There's no doubt I’ve had injuries in my career, but most people have. You continually read that over the last two years I've been plagued with injuries: it's just not true.

"I think I played 33 games and then 32 games in the last two years. Newcastle weren't in Europe, we didn't have any long cup runs... there are only 38 games in a Premier League season, so playing 33 one year and 32 in the other isn't too bad.

"The two years previous I had a few injuries but it was nothing to do with being injury-prone. If somebody jumps on your foot and you break your metatarsal [you can't do much about that].

"I'm 29 and I've played more than 500 games for club and country, so that says it all. I might pick up an injury here or there but that's the rigours of the modern game. I don't believe I'm injury-prone."

Locations of visitors to this page

No comments: